Pages

March 4, 2014

Topsy Ojo's Testimonial Year – Let's Get Quizzical

Topsy Ojo is part of an exclusive group of individuals known fondly as ‘One Club Men’, currently there are only a handful of them in the Aviva Premiership and with the opportunity to chase larger salaries abroad you suspect that soon they may become an extinct species! Topsy joined London Irish back in 2003 as a fresh faced member of the academy and since that day he has made over 250 appearances for the club and become their all-time leading try scorer.

If you are regular Out On The Full reader you will know that I have supported Topsy’s Testimonial Year from the very beginning, to date OOTF has featured the star studded Launch Night in Shoreditch, a Caribbean Night and two Nando’s Takeovers and earlier this week it was time to continue with Top Test Celebrations in the form of the Top Test Top Quiz at Sunbury.

Now personally I’m a huge fan of a pub quiz; they bring out my competitive side and things get rather serious!! I am always in it to win it, however at the Top Test Top Quiz I did have a few challenges that made winning difficult. What were those challenges!?! Well they were in the form the history round and a sports round that focused on football... neither provided any points and the dream of walking away with the Top Test Top Quiz Crown was gone in a flash!! Looking beyond the loss I have to say that it was a fantastic evening, the London Irish Supporters Association organised the night superbly and the evening raised just under a thousand pounds for Topsy's charities.

Now the celebrations don't stop there and it is time to move up a gear again as the next stop on the Top Test Tour is the big one; the Topsy Ojo Testimonal Gala Dinner. It is the largest event of the testimonial year and will celebrate all of Topsy’s achievements in the beautiful surroundings of The Grange Hotel in St Pauls. I have to admit that I have the inside scoop on this one and I can assure you that it will be one of best nights of 2014, the venue is beautiful and the guestlist includes some pretty high profile names! I do believe there are a couple of places left, and even a table or two if you are quick so I suggest that you jump on them now and I even promise to share my champagne with you !!

All of the Important Details are here, and I really do hope that you will be come and celebrate the outstanding achievements of one of London Irish's All Time Greats.