Pages

May 10, 2014

Out On The Full Introduces Rugby's Big Try Out

The Aviva Premiership is without a doubt one of the most exciting competitions in the world, for 9 months of the year our lives are enriched by the outrageously brilliant talents of our Aviva Premiership on the field and this May we are going to be treated to some of their off the field talents at ‘Rugby’s Big Try Out’.

Rugby’s Big Try Out is a fundraising event for The Matt Hampson Foundation and it will take place in London in just a couple of weeks time. The Matt Hampson Foundation continues to grow and develop helping those that have been seriously injured through sport. Matt Hampson is a truly inspirational individual and the work that he does through his foundation to assist others that have had their lives changed forever due to sports injuries is phenomenal. 

So just what is ‘Rugby’s Big Try Out’? Well if you think Britain’s Got Talent minus Simon Cowell and the dancing dogs then you won’t be far away!! The individuals whose talents will be judged will come from a range of our Premiership and Championship clubs... the players have been asked to bring their A Games in order to show us all, judges included, exactly what they are made of off the pitch!! The host for the evening and the man who will be keeping the proceedings and players in check is Mr George Chuter and I’ve been told from the organisers that the acts are deep in rehearsals already! Rumours of a boyband, a comedy act or two and even a magic set have reached me at Out On The Full, so I, like you, am hoping that we are going to be in for a great evening of entertainment!  Kelly Brown has confirmed that he will be performing on the night and I spoke to him about his act and why he has chosen to perform;

"The Matt Hampson Foundation is a fantastic charity and it is something that we at Saracens really relate to because of Henry Fraser so as soon as I was asked to take part I was absolutely delighted to say yes. When I was at school I used to sing, in choirs and school shows so now whenever I'm asked to sing on the bus I struggle to look as reluctant as possible and then I get up there and enjoy belting out a song. I know that to quite a lot of people that rugby players are simply seen as 'meatheads' but I think see if we have any other talents."

The evening will take place at The No1 Sports Bar in Moorgate, London on 20th May and is set to be a once in a season experience! Tickets are available here and all proceeds from the night will go directly to The Matt Hampson Foundation. I can't wait to see what the players have in store for us and am hoping that it will be a truly unforgettable night!!!