Pages

November 22, 2015

A Rugby Experience - Bath Boutique Stays

Every year when the European fixtures are announced the first thing that many of us do is to look at the away fixtures and hastily make plans for European road trips. As a fan heading away to watch your side is one of the best experiences that you can have - being in a different country or even just a different city galvanises the support and it is on these trips that some of the best rugby memories are created. I can assure you that is exactly the same as a writer, European away days are always tremendous affairs and a great privilege to be a part of. 

This year when Pool 5 was announced containing Bath Rugby, Wasps, Leinster and RC Toulon my European thoughts started flowing. Toulon has been on my list of rugby cities to visit for a long time, Dublin I have enjoyed previously and vowed to go back this season. The Ricoh Arena is made for big European clashes and Bath is a city that I've always wanted to explore but have only ever visited fleetingly on match days. Prior to the season starting the opportunity was proposed for me to experience a European weekend with difference in Bath and as you can expect I jumped at it.

Even before Leo Cullan's side lost to Wasps last weekend Bath’s fixture against Leinster had a strong back drop to it and was guaranteed to be a belter. That was the reason why I chose this weekend experience rugby Bath Boutique Stays' style and I can honestly say that their team provided the most exceptional weekend and one I believe so many of you would love. 

I think that by now you all know that I am not one to over enthuse about or feature hundreds of brands at Out On The Full. The action on the pitch and rugby remains at the heart of OOTF however when there are offerings and opportunities that I believe others will greatly enjoy and benefit from then I believe they need to be shared.

As I mentioned having the opportunity to really enjoy an away weekend, instead of rushing in and out, adds so much to a rugby weekend. The time that you gain by going the night before or staying the night after gives that extra window to enjoy the match in full and to explore the beautiful city. 

Bath has so much to offer from a cultural perspective as well as being a rugby town that embraces fans from across Europe with tremendous hospitality. The Jane Austin Apartment that I stayed in was stunning and located less than 5 minutes from The Rec - I could almost see the ground the bedroom window. Not only are the surroundings first class and perfectly situated but Bath Boutique Stays take care of everything including tickets. Inside the intricate details are all thought of including the best shortbread that I have ever tasted waiting on my arrival! Food certainly is the way to my heart and with links across the city Sunday's brunch and the most divine roast that I have ever tasted were also sorted!

Needless to say I have already booked to come back for the Champions Cup fixture in December between Bath Rugby and Wasps Rugby which promises to be a cracking match after both sides's strong starts in Pool 5.

This season Bath Rugby have 11 more home matches, excluding any knockout fixtures, and I wholeheartedly recommend that all away fans consider spending a weekend in the city with Bath Boutique Stays. 

All of the details about Bath Boutique Stays' Rugby packages are here. They are covering every single match for the rest of the Aviva Premiership and European season and with Out On The Full as a reference there are a few extra perks available! Do have a look and start planning your away trip - I promise that it will be a stellar way to spend a rugby weekend.